Why Mobile Websites Are A Must
Over the last five years we have seen mobile views up by over 400%.
On Average Over 60% Of Site Visits Come From Mobile Devices
Over the last five years we have seen mobile views up by over 400%. Gone are the days when only 10-20% of your website traffic viewed your site from mobile. Now mobile view averages trend over 60% with some of our local business owners reporting closer to 80% of traffic coming in from a phone or tablet. This means that now more than ever before a mobile-friendly site is a must.
A Mobile Website Ranks Higher On Search Engines.
A mobile website is an important element to promoting your brand online. In 2015, Google announced it would rank mobile-friendly sites higher than those designed for desktop use only. Called Mobilegeddon, This transition affected nearly 80% of websites, emphasizing the importance of web design that caters to mobile devices In 2016, mobile traffic to websites surpassed that of traffic via desktop. 2018 and 2019 statistics show Google is the search engine of choice for more than 92% of online users. These statistics reinforce the importance of having a mobile-friendly website for your business.
Top Mobile Benefits Include:
- Google Ranking: A mobile-friendly website is the third most important element Google’s algorithm analyzes to determine your Google ranking.
- Display: A mobile responsive site’s display adapts to the device you’re using. It will shrink or grow depending on the screen size.
- User Experience: Web browsers often become frustrated when sites are difficult to navigate on their phone and/or tablet which can lead them to jump off your site and onto the site of one of your competitors.
- Lower Bounce Rate: Websites that are not mobile-friendly experience significantly higher bounce rates than those that are mobile-friendly. That means that if people go to your site on their phone and it is not mobile friendly, they leave quickly which negatively impacts you in the eyes of Google.
- Credibility: A mobile-friendly website shows you value the online experience of your customer and current trends in the market which adds credibility to your business
We Design With A Mobile First Approach.
At Estland, we design with a mobile-first approach, prioritizing a great user experience and design on mobile first.